Advances in dental technology have vastly improved the quality and success of oral and maxillo-facial surgery. Ucer Clinic is a fully digital clinic, embracing the many opportunities that digital dentistry brings to all our treatments. Our cutting-edge technology promises more accurate diagnosis, faster treatment times and a much more enjoyable patient experience when in the chair.
Digital dentistry is an emerging innovative technology that streamlines and improves the quality and accuracy of dental treatment using computer aided assessment, design and manufacturing.
Digital dentistry work flow uses dental technologies or devices that incorporate digital or computer-controlled components to carry out dental procedures rather than using mechanical or electrical tools. The use of digital dentistry can make carrying out dental procedures more efficient than using mechanical tools, both for restorative as diagnostic purposes.
We are extremely fortunate to have facilities of the Reference Centre in Digital Dentistry at ICE Hospital where we use of the full spectrum of digital workflow equipment which includes:
- 3-D Diagnostic Imaging using computer aided cone beam CT scanning (CBCT Diagnostics)
- Intra oral optical scanning (IOS) to provide a highly accurate image of the teeth and the gum for 3D reproduction of these structures using 3D in-house printing and milling
- 3D Printing and Milling. Teeth and models are reproduced using our in-house digital equipment
- 3D assessment and virtual treatment planning software
- 3D computer aided surgical navigation using surgical guides for improved accuracy and precision of implant placement
- 3D in-house crown & bridge design and manufacturing
- 3D individualised CAD CAM bone graft or customised implant design and production technology
Some of the immediately noticeable benefits of Digital Dentistry include:
Conventional dental impressions are made by placing an impression material loaded on an impression tray over the dental arches. As it sets a negative imprint of the soft and hard tissues in the mouth. Digital intra-oral impressions made using intra-oral cameras are able to recreate the positive impression of a patient’s dentition and other structures into a digital format on a computer almost instantly.
Traditionally dentists use subjective shade guides in the dental surgery as they compare the patient’s teeth to the shades in the guide. Newer computer matching techniques allow for a more superior than matching methods currently used. There are always differences in perception when it comes to the human eye and observation and use of digital colour matching removes this element of subjectivity to a great extent.
Individualised Aesthetics by In-house Master Dental Technician
For an ultimate individualised dental aesthetics with perfect colour match implant crowns/teeth are customised by our in-house dental technician with years of experience and skills in dental implant technology.